Essentially, medical tourism is surgery plus holiday. By combining both, you get to save money on travel costs and acquire extra time to recuperate while on vacation.
India has become an attractive and popular medical tourism destination over the years. A couple of travelers has been visiting this country to receive treatment for various medical conditions – not only because India is a beautiful country, but also because of the lower cost of care, higher quality of service, better access to care, or different care than they could potentially receive at their own nation.
Comparatively, the cost of surgery in India is estimated to be one-tenth cheaper than that in the United States or Western Europe, and sometimes even lesser. Thus, given the huge difference in the price range, a handful of patients prefer to get treated in India.
Nevertheless, there are still those who doubt the low cost of surgery. More often that not, several would-be-patients question the cheap costs of surgery in India. They tend to raise questions like: Is it because India has less trained doctors? Do hospitals in India lack technologically advanced equipment? Are medicines in India sold at a cheaper price because they are less efficient? Are surgical materials of inferior quality?
Well, to answer all these apprehensions –
1. A suitable destination for any budget conscious traveler. The country provides a full contrast of affordable lodging to first-rate service and/or luxurious accommodation.
2. India has a profuse number of board-certified physicians and surgeons. Most of the doctors and surgeons at Indian hospitals are trained or have worked at some of the best medical institutions in the U.S., Europe, as well as other developed nations.
3. Medical professionals in India can fluently speak English.
4. The medical infrastructure and technologies used in India are accepted to be on par with U.S. and UK standards.
Now, if you are assured that India is the right destination for your next medical trip. Here are a couple of vital questions that you should consider asking as a Global Patient. Before choosing any medical tourism facility or health care provider kindly consider the following:
- Does the hospital of your choice provide emergency and urgent care services?
- Can the hospital refer you to a specialist that may help lead to better patient experiences and health outcomes?
- Finally, depending on the procedures that you are interested in, what was the success rate?
As soon as you are convinced that you have selected the right hospital for your medical care, you can now contact your employer or insurance provider to request that the hospital be arranged for you. You can also get in touch with a medical tourism facilitator to assist you during the whole duration of your medical treatment. In most circumstances, this is a sensible option.
A medical tourism facilitator can provide a combination of various services. Your facilitator can take care of almost everything during your medical journey to ensure that your travel experience is smooth and convenient. Your facilitator can take care of your airline ticket, accommodation, and after treatment arrangements.
Also, apart from directing patients towards quality healthcare providers, they are experts at investigating if the hospital and doctors of your choice are suitable for your need. Therefore, you are sure to get the best treatment available at the least possible cost.
Overall, a medical tourism facilitator is helpful in giving you detailed information about destinations, wide-ranging health services and medical facilities. Ultimately, this can make your travel experience hassle free.